Bloated lawnmower blenny help.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

zachrabbit15

So my Lawnmower Blenny has been looking a little swollen/bloated in the stomach area. Today I got home and it looks like he swallowed a marble. He/she is about 3.5" long and has been in the tank for a couple months now. He is eating fine and moving about the tank like normal. Anyone have any hints or tips on what might be up/ I feed sushi nori every other day and Dainichi Marine on the opp day. As always thanks for any and all help.

their just fat !!! aka jabba the hut as i call em. there a algae blenny lots of food to eat in the tank as it is for them , the nori is just gut loading them i don't feed nori and yes my blenny is a fat one too!!

+1 Their greedy and will eat ALL the Nori fast to ensure that no other fish gets any. Mine looks like a football after a hour or two of the lights being on.

Haha thanks for the replys. Makes me feel better. I only give about a 1" square that he's preety good about sharing with my Cherub Angel.

Quick question: when you are talking about Nori is this the kind you get from the grocery store that is salted? Or is it special for fish?

Nope, I have alot of macro alge and think him and my tangs like to gorge themselves. He has gone from a keg to a plain ol beer gut now that they have olot of it mowed bown.

Back