blue coral method GH?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

I am interested in trying this method but I have no Idea where to get the HGH (growth Hormone) any one have any or know where I need to go to get it? thanks in advance....

Matt

there was a huge thread about this month or 2 ago it might of been in there because people were asking that question

I got glutamine at a GNC by my house, the guy thought i was kinda weird buying a mussle supplement for my coral... lol i mixed it just with oysters cause they're supposed to be one of the highest protein of the bunch, but i haven't been using it much since it caused a bit of algae breakout but i hope to use it again soon

HGH as in Human growth Hormones??
also used by athletes ..are a controlled substance.
it is available via prescription but ..there usually is a medical need for this substance

hgh is extracted from the pituitary gland..it is classified as a steroid tho technically it is not since it is not a synthetic.(wording in laws has been changed to reflect the changes)
that said many of the nutrition stores carry products high in protein..some are even broken down into specific proteins tho the effectiveness can be questioned.
some folks are trying to bombard the corals with protein..and speed grwoth.
personally I wonder what detrimental effects this may have in the long run.
(ethical question??)
lets say you bombard the human body with protein(we already know tha steroids and growth hormones have side effects)
protein has to be either used or passed on..the question comes from hardship the body must endure to complete the process.

I say balance is better..
hmm I wonder if corals can get fat??

well from what i've read, if you make the corals grow to fast using GH (L Glutamine from nutrition stores), not HGH in the States at least cause it's harder to get or something like that, growing too fast can lead to soft skeletons in some cases, and higher demands on water quality because the corals are taking in the nutrients faster (calcium magnesium etc)

also feeding the oysters and other seafoods in the mix is not for the corals directly but for the bacteria that the corals eat, so it seems like it is easily overfed, and in my case it contributed to extra algae growth that i didn't want so i have stopped for a bit

As for the Phud Thai, i prefer 1 star or 0 if it can be done, mostly cause i start sweating when i eat spicy food it's weird

The problem with these system is the lack of understanding. Gln is not a growth hormone, its a amino acid. Most tanks are not ready or prepared properly for the use these methods. You can pretty much look at a tank and see wether or not this system will have a negetive effect.

Don

Back