• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Blue Sierra Status.....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sierra

To Our Valued Customers and Friends,

It is with great regret and sadness to inform you that we will be closing Blue Sierra location at the end of November due to the inability to renew a favorable lease. We have spent 15 years in Issaquah, and the past 11 in Downtown Issaquah Plaza, as a locally owned and operated Family Business. We have loved our time spent here and will miss this area and customers that have supported us throught the years.

When one door closes, another one opens. It is with this in mind that we are looking forward to putting all of our focus and attention into our Renton Village Sierra Fish & Pets location. We will be moving Blue Sierra into that location and increasing the amount of saltwater livestock. Same great service, people, and products! Sierra Fish & Pet in Renton is larger, including more fish tanks, as well as more product for aquatics and pets! You can expect a great fish selection for both freshwater and saltwater and a larger selection of dry goods. We look forward to seeing you there!

Thank you for your support and understanding,
Jonas Sternberg

We will be running a sale to help with our move to the Renton location

Sale info:
All Fish: 30% off
All Corals:
Buy 1 get 10% off;
Buy 2 get 20% off both;
Buy 3 get 30% off all;
Buy 4 get 40% off all;
Buy 5 or more get 50% off of all

All Dry Goods: 10% off (does Not include tanks or Items with Map Pricing)
All Frozen Food: 20% off
Metal Halide Bulbs: 25% off

Jonas. too bad, I always like that store, and always have better selection than Renton. But, this is also good news because I'm in Renton. More power to your Renton store.

Sorry to hear about the need to consolidate Jonas. I can't make it up to Issaquah often because I live too far South. The Renton store is already a great stop, it's only going to be that much better now. Good luck with the move. I posted up the info over on PSAS. Are the sale prices good for both locations?

Jonas this is sad. I know you have poured your heart and soul into this place.
I really enjoyed the drive into town and the store itself.
Only recently I figured out the shorter back way going south.

I am very glad that the Renton store is going and will be the new place.
I'll see you there.

Sale Prices are valid in the Blue Sierra Issaquah Location Only! Once we get settled we will be running some promos to let everyone see that the Renton store has some nice "hidden treasures" also!!!

Thank you to everyone for the kind words this store has been my baby for a long time and it is hard to shut it down. But I hope it will allow everyone to focus more on the aquatics in Renton and allow it to become a hidden jewel for corals and fish! And for everyone with pets maybe some supplies for them too!!! Issaquah still to this day does good business but the overhead in Issaquah is just way too high and the landlord is unwilling to come down to terms that will allow me to stay and be successful. Go figure, they would rather have a empty plaza then to have a tennant that has been here loyally for over to years!!! Who know maybe I will open up another Aquatic store down the road in a better situation for me....say more south or more north?

I just got back from a vacation and went into the store today and was heartbroken to see so many things empty. Blue Sierra has been my regular hangout since getting into the hobby and since I work in Issaquah, I was there a lot! You know that me and my partner in crime will be coming down to Renton frequently on weekends.

When is the last day the Issy store will be open? I would like to go one last time before you guys close for good (in Issy).

Issy is now closed. We vacated the first of December. Hope to see you come visit the Renton store

Back