Board Meeting Minutes 10-18-08

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krisfal

Board Meeting Agenda 10/18/08

Old Business

Bank Account
Mark and Duanne will set up as soon as possible.
PSAS Business Cards
Mark will design and post some options
Charter
BOD to review and offer feedback to Kris within a week
Kris will modify draft as needed
Post draft to PSAS website
Message on RF notifying members to review send comments to a BOD member
November meeting planning
Ghazni to check fares and confirm an overall cost with Jake and BOD
T-shirts
Mark will design and post some options
E-mail invites vs e-vites
Move to Email
E-mail distribution groups
Ghazni to create distribution list
Meeting invite list
BOD
Sponsors
Sale mailing list (opt out message on these e-mails)
Guidelines for Sponsor sale promotion
Ghazni and Vicki to draft guidelines
Website posting
E-mail distribution
Website update project
Current Priorities
Forums
Paypal
New Business

RF Forum Moderator
Vicki “volunteered” for this
501c3 planning
Can take many months
Ghazni to contact member who offered information
June BBQ planning-? no notes?

Banners and Brochures
Mark asked if we could use these items
Mark to get an idea on cost
BOD agreed a Banner would be nice for events
Posters
Printed and ready to go
Split up Distribution (DONE)​

Thanks Kris for getting the notes posted!

Ghazni and I discussed the guidelines for posting our Sponsors sales. We decided we needed 48 hour advanced notice for the sale information to be emailed out and 1 week advanced notice to be posted on the website.

For either method, the information should be in a format ready for publication which can be copied and pasted.

Vicki

im working on both the cards and t shirts as well as a new poster that can be used whenever. going with a sleeker, less busy, but still colorful design. i will post my ideas as they are done here in a day or 2:)
then i will start in on the banner.

also, for bbq raffle, i am wondering what we can offer people scince we wont be able to give them the tax recipts yet...so obviously we fly their banner on our presumed new/updated website for a year, but what else???
also, if we could firm up a location on the bbq, then i can start making advertising for it as well. ideas??

and as our last meeting was gonig on, i was thinking, we certainly are educating our members..we should have no issues with having to do anything extra for that 503 status:)

Mark,
I tried to send a email to Bod about a sponsor. I am not sure if everyone got it. It was a RO/DI place. Inland water and Ice I think. Same person that sponsored Reef Frontiers. Please let me know if you guys got that email. If not email me at home [email protected]. I will forward it to you.

501c3

We need to look into the requirements for filing under the different classifications. If I remember right the amount of requirements and paper work for the educational classification was enormous. To me the environmental classification seemed much simpler. I will try to post some info tonight. I think we should start a seperate thread just for this topic so that if we do not complete the process the info we find, steps we take are available for future BODS.

Back