bob moore frag swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Seattle Aqua Farm Will be attending this event, we will be holding a raffle with ALL the proceeds going to the PSAS. We will also be attending with corals to retail. If you'd like to reserve a coral ahead of time, feel free to send us an email at [email protected] and we will be glad to accommodate!

O.K.
There seems to be some confusion on what this "BOB MOORE FRAG SWAP is all about..

Here is how it's gonna go..
Any and all members are invited to the meeting (and yea you can join at the door)
the club (PSAS) is buying lots of coral frags..
These will be GIVEN away to members. everyone (members) will get a ticket.
The other side of the ticket stub will be put in a bucket,
when your number is drawn , you go up to the tanks and pick what coral you want. DONE DEAL.
there will also be some special coral frags (maybe about 20-40)
these will be the done the same way but with a different color ticket.

there may even be a special buy in raffle item or two..

Any member will be welcome to set up a tank or bring a cooler and sell there own stuff.
bring your own extension cord and power strips if you like.
the grange hall is ours all day from like 8am and we have it till like 6 pm.. so you can come early and set up your stuff..
If there is any questions. feel free to shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
BTW last year everyone went though the line at least 3 times..

those who stayed longer went like 5 times and we a had a bunch of frags left over..

I will be posting pics of some of the actual frags PSAS will be having at the meeting..
We pick up the first batch today..
we already have more than 50 zoo frags.
AOG's
RPE's
amongst many others.

Maybe someone, who knew Bob well, could describe where the spirit of this meeting originated from. It would be great for the newer members or any who may have never been exposed to the information. I barely got to know Bob, but his reef aquarium was the closest recreation of a natural shallow water reef shelf I've seen. From what I saw, and hear, his generousity was inspiring. Count on Barrier Reef to donate some items to be passed along. Hopefully one of us can attend as well :)

Maybe someone, who knew Bob well, could describe where the spirit of this meeting originated from. It would be great for the newer members or any who may have never been exposed to the information. I barely got to know Bob, but his reef aquarium was the closest recreation of a natural shallow water reef shelf I've seen. From what I saw, and hear, his generousity was inspiring. Count on Barrier Reef to donate some items to be passed along. Hopefully one of us can attend as well :)

We hope one of you can come down, and I think that is a good idea, We could have someone do that at the meeting
thank in advance for the donation

BOB, I didn;'t know him but I know OF him..
Bob Moore had a near natural shallow reef and from what I hear he had a blue stag he named the Bob Moore stag..
He would clip pieces of this amongst other things and GIVE them away to people who visit and or bought something from him.. "PAY IT FORWARD" is what he would say to reefers who received this stag.. He was known for bringing frags when he would visit others with out being asked and would love to spread around frags of corals for everyone to enjoy..
Salmon Slayer (Tracy) had a huge colony of this stag and would also "pay it forward.."
in BOB's memory..He (BOB) passed away before I had the honor of meeting him.
He was one of the "givingest" (if thats a word) reefers around and had a tank that was way ahead of his time..
WE HOLD THIS MEETING TO KEEP HIS MEMORY AND HIS GENEROSITY ALIVE..

heres a quote from another forum

I never had an opportunity to meet Bob Moore, so I have no stories of my own to tell but here is one Paul (Fragman) shared a few years ago.

"I remember my first PSAS meeting
About 8 or 9 years ago, When I was new and struggling with this reef keeping hobby I attended my first PSAS meeting. It was at some guys house in Newcastle that I could barely even find. I didn't know anyone, I just showed up because I had seen a flyer at the LFS. The club had no internet presence at all and there was certainly no Reef Frontiers forum promoting events. I met about 15 people at that meeting. Four or five of us were "newbies" like me attending a PSAS meeting for the first or second time. (Chuck Fiterman, Paul Merkling, and Jon from Bellingham to name a few). We gathered around the host's tank and admired his system and all of the wonderful marine life that it supported. We enjoyed some snaks and a few beverages and shared Reef Keeping ideas. A few other members brought some corals that had out grown their tanks at home or that they simply wanted to share with their buddies. When our host found out that several of us were starting from scratch with basically new tanks and hardly any corals, he dug into his tank and pulled out a couple of large colonies. He busted them up into what he called frags (really medium sized colonies) so that each of us left with several new corals. The feeling that I came away with that night was incredible, but it probably wasn't as incredible as the feeling that our host enjoyed. Our host that night was Bob Moore. "

I have heard that Bob was the most generous reefer one could hope to meet, he never asked for anything for himself when sharing his coral, only that you paid it forward to another reefer. The PSAS hopes to keep that spirit alive and the Bob Moore frag swap is just one event where we take a moment to reflect on Bob's generosity and his reefing philosophy.

Great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news everyone.......
Not only will the club be holding our free raffle, We have three Sponsors attending so far and its early still.

Tyson of Seattle Aqua Farm is going to be selling and holding a raffle with all procedes going to the club.

Laura of IceCap Inc. is coming and working very hard to set up a group buy for us. I am very impressed with the new LED moon light strips and will be buying at least one.

Todd, from Cherry Corals has also just committed to joining our event from Michigan.

This may very well be the biggest event the PSAS has ever held!!! We look forward to seeing every member attend this meeting.

I was just bugging Mike to see if we can go to this. How much does it cost to become a member of PSAS? Is the location in Lynnwood? And is the event kid friendly?

Thanks

the event IS kid friendly
the meeting will take place in KENt
at the meridian grange hall
Address is posted on PSAS.org
and here on RF
the doors will be open at 10-1030 am for those who would like to set up a tank to sell and or trade corals..

Please bring your tanks and your corals...
30$ is the membership fee and can be payed at the door.(one year membership)
ALSO the frag drawing will start promptly at 1:30 pm

reminder: all PSAS members should be leaving with AT LEAST 2-3 corals for free...
Last year most left with 4

well , thats a trick question..
if you want to be a part of the frag give away, it's one ticket per membership but of course your whole family can use the membership card at LFS's and stuff..\
BUT of course the whole family is always welcome at all PSAS events.

just brught home a box full of corals for the frag swap
Acros
hydnophora
pavona (2 types)
three different types of acans
chalice frags
mushrooms.
Pulsing zania
and more.
getting good folks some thing for everyone..

These are all "GIVE AWAY's"
you can thank Andy (WACORAL) when you see him again.

Last edited:
Back