Brightwell Aquatics NeoMag

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TotalVapor

Banned
Just wondering who is using NeoMag and how are your results.

I have been using it for a while now and my CA and Mag are high and staying high.

480 to 500 on the CA and 1500 on the Mag. My corals are growing about 3/4 to 1 inch a month now depending on the coral. My Oregon Tort and purple monster is at about 1/4 to 1/2. Mainly growing at the base but getting thick.

Well first is claim is off. High purity Dolomtie is 15 % by weight.

NēoMag is ~13% magnesium by weight

With that said at 13 % it is pretty good.

It is best to change any reactor media once in awhile and 3-4 months is fine.

I have been using it for a while now and my CA and Mag are high and staying high.

How much are you using in the reactor. I hope in is not all NeoMag, that is a no-no. Your should start off with 10 % by vol. Meaning, 90 % calcium reactor media and 10 % NeoMag or any dolomite. When you use to much two things happen. The Mg++ gets to high and often does the Alk. Dolomite had twice the Alk as normal calcium reactor media. Dolomite should NEVER be used to try and boost your Mg++, it is used to control it at NSW levels once that tank is already at NSW levels. You are using way to much of it.

Yes Boomer I use it 9 parts ARM and 1 part NeoMag (I believe I followed the directions on the bottle.)

I just heard from a lfs, once I told them I was using it, that I had to change it every three months. Coming from the lfs I had a feeling he was trying to sell me more then I needed.

I had my CA at 500 and Mag up at 1500 before I added neoMag. Since that post I have left the Mag drop to 1350 and the Ca to 425. My Basically it dropped because I had issues with my feed pump to my CA Reactor. With all my traveling this summer I have not kept it up like I normally do, but it still gets tested every week if I am here or not.

Thanks for your reply

Last edited:
Back