Bristle worm attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brady816

Has anyone picked up a rock and get a hold of a bristle worm :eek: Man ohhh man now my finger is swollen i tried to get all of the bristles out of my finger i guess i didnt get all of them....Any suggestions would be heplful :)

If you can get to some elmers glue or PVC glue when it first happens, paste a little glue on the area, let it dry, then peel the glue most/all of the bristles will come out with the glue

Try soaking your hand in vinegar to dissolve the bristles. Also running your hand under hot water (as hot as you can stand) will help relieve the pain.

"Try soaking your hand in vinegar to dissolve the bristles. Also running your hand under hot water (as hot as you can stand) will help relieve the pain."

The vinegar solution I have heard in the past, the bristles must be calk based, I use vinegar to clean the salt creep and calk deposits of my lighting glass covers.

also try a super concentrated salt water mixture. If I'm not mistaken the bristles should be similar to that of jelly fish. If so the bristles have microscopic hairs on them acting as barbs so the salt water will cause the bristles to shrivel and shrink making them easier to remove. JUST DON'T RINSE WITH FRESHWATER. The exact opposite will occure making it more painful.

Back