bristle worm trap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wpitrof

I had an issue with Bristle worms. when i went looking for a trap i contacted Aquarium Paradise, in lakewood. one of the employes was making a trap. he calls it a bristle worm rock. essentualy its a trap made out of live rock. i didnot feed the tank for 24 hrs. i then put the trap in over night. at 5am i pulled the rock out then emersed it in cold tap water. i had 20 bristle worms from large to verry small caught in the trap. he sells them for 24- 35 dollers depending on the size.

thought i would let you all know .

wayne

yes and no. they are great scavengers. however i found them boring in to my corals. so they got to go.

I hate them, they creep me out and I see them with my coral, yes singular, I only have one coral! I thought they were only supposed to be out at night? At any given time, I can spot at least three. maybe I should trap them!

I understand that most of the worms you will find in aquariums are not bad to have but if you think the ones you have are causing damage to something you like then you should try and remove them. If there not then they could just ad to the processing of waist and food in your tank. I have hundreds of them in my tank and then never bother anything that I can see. A few are 12-15 inches long but most are small 1-2 inches.

yes and no. they are great scavengers. however i found them boring in to my corals. so they got to go.
I also found them boring into my brain coral, that was 4 years ago. As you can see, they didn't harm it at all. I have had them from day one and I consider them a good thing.
perfecttank-34.jpg

Back