Bristle worm

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

HTNguyen

Hi every one. First able, I thank you for your support sofa. I think month ago, I had an issue about bristle worm that invaded my 210 gallon tank. as one of the valuable suggestion, I did limit the feeding. yes, it's worked. Clearly, the number of bristle worm is down. The more I understand how to play with the reef, the more questions I have. If I limit feeding, I have different kind of corals in my tank, to control the bristle worms, will this cause of lacking of nutrition to the corals and fishes ? Please advise. Thanks.

You can feed your fish in a manner that the fish get the food and not your entire tank. If feeding flake, very tiny pinches at a time. If frozen cubes, cut in 1/4 using a razor blade, rinse well in RO water. Otherwise make sure the food is consumed by the fish.
As for your corals. They love fish poop! They love good lighting! If you want to feed them you can do so via target feeding or by feeding your entire tank a fine powder coral food like Coral Frenzy. But do so bi-weekly.
This way of feeding will keep excess nutrients low, less wasted food that will feed the bristle worms.

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Back