Bristle worms

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Paul B

Bristle worms, a few years ago these things were a sign of doom. We thought they would eat our corals, fish, TVs and I Pods.
Sometimes my reef is full of tiny ones and other times like now there are only a few giant ones. I just fed the tank with blackworms, mysis and pellets and I was watching the fish eat.
Did you ever see the original 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea starring Kirk Douglas? Ok maybe you are too young but there was this squid about a hundred feet long and it was eating this submarine.
That is a close cousin to the bristle worms I have in my tank.
There was a few pellets on the gravel and I noticed some movement, from 4 different places. All of a sudden four giant tentacles as large as my couch, Ok maybe a little smaller, emerged from the rock and battled each other for this one pellet. I mean they were fighting so hard that two pictures fell off my wall. It was scary. One worm finally swallowed the pellet in one gulp and the other three retreated but the scowl on their faces would scare the yellow off a canary. No really.:der: I just thought I would share this with you.

Who needs a TV with "THAT" kind of entertainment right there in your living room!!!!

Of course will need a pic of the pictures laying on the floor for validation. LOL

Just got tagged good by many today on all of my fingers. Looked like I had fuzz all over them. Rinsed under cold water let dry. Used ducked tape to pull out most and for the one's that went deep I used a thick layer of frag glue let dry and peeled off

Crazyfish,
You should post that one on the TIPS and TRICKS Thread.
You know gloves will prevent that.LOL

The fact that wasnt me actually made it kind of funny, lol Talk about seeing a grown man....oh a take it like a hardened vet:party: . SO he grabs a rock out of the tank to harvest some aiptasia, well the bottom of the rock had like what?? 50 bristle worms?? maybe more..talk about a nest.

youll live...if not I have no idea who you are and have never seen you anywhere near my house!!!

Mojo

lololololololololololololololol thats a good trick mike " sure come grab some LR but you will have to fight the bristle worms for it

Paul you may like this...

was out messing around in tidepools and saw this anemone

A bristle worm (well fire worm I call this guy) got tangled into the anemone and so I watched to see who would win. Here is the result

Worm got away un injured and anemone closed up. Guess he didn't like the bristles :p

Back