Brown Jelly Disease...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gryphon

...Is a pain in my butt. I just lost a 3.5in frag of Blue Cali Tort in about 24 hours. All started when the frag got knocked down onto my frogspawn. It bleached a tip and I didn't think it was bad. It was fine for about 2-3 days then last night I noticed almost half of it was white and it had brown slime swirling around it. Got home this morning and the whole thing was dead. I did manage to frag a small half inch piece of it last night as a precautionary measure, glad I did that now.

Anyone know where I can get some Metronidazole locally?

Right now I'm looking to pick it up as a precautionary, nothing else in the tank is showing signs of it, but if it pops up I want to be able to dip and QT anything that does. I have some Cipro on hand I picked up for my nems, but I don't know if that'll work as well as the metro or not.

I guess I should ask about chloramphenicol as well, from what I'm reading it is another treatment for BJD

Not my week apparently. Not only did it start with the loss of my blue cali tort, but last night I discovered an aiptasia sitting in my magician zoas, and today I found a good sized zoa eating nudibranch on the glass... ARGH :censored:

Oh yeah, and the discovery of some kinda black or very dark green algae that is fern-like similiar to byropsis.

i think barrier reef has some metro. APFP had a couple boxes awhile back but i used it all for one of my discus tanks, they have yet to restock

Well luckily so far I'm not seeing anything else showing signs of it, so hopefully I managed to keep it from spreading by pulling the remains of the cali tort out. But this is all good information just incase, thanks!

Back