BTA in hiding????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jefe360

I have had my BTA for a little over a month now....it has been on the move off and on the whole time, but today when I got home from work it had totally disappeared. Is it normal for them to go into hiding?.....I don't see it in the rocks anywhere....could it have buried itself in the sand or under a rock?

It's probably just hiding behind a rock. They have been known to move and hide.
What's the tank it's in?
How long have you had it and what kind of lights?

Not uncommon until they find their happy place. One of mine vanished into my rock work for a week, then popped up clear on the other side of it one day.

I've got a 75 gal tank, as far a lighting goes....T5 lighting. The tank has been up and running for about 4 months, and I just recently got the anemone about a month ago. I never knew that anemones could move like that...

Ur tank is still a bit new in my opinion. Most will say a tank of a year maturity will do better with anenomes and some stony corals.
Hths
D

Have a green and rose BTA. One in each rock stack in my tank. "Lost" the rose one for about week. Came home from work one day, and the green and rose had decided to switch spots. Stayed there for at least year since.

Back