Bulk head flow rating??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefchaos

Does anyone know the flow rating through a 1", 1.25", 1.5" and 2" bulkhead. I am trying to plan for the flow through my overflows, and was curious if anyone knew this information or had a link to it?

Thanks
Erik

1.00"=~600GPH
1.25"=~910GPH
1.50"=~1325GPH
2.00"=~2350GPH

It's safe to say these numbers are under perfect conditions, which don't often happen in real life. It's always better to go too big and have to restrict via a ball valve than to go too small and have to call a professional to repair the flood damage ;)

1.00"=~600GPH
1.25"=~910GPH
1.50"=~1325GPH
2.00"=~2350GPH

It's safe to say these numbers are under perfect conditions, which don't often happen in real life. It's always better to go too big and have to restrict via a ball valve than to go too small and have to call a professional to repair the flood damage ;)

Those are pretty easy numbers to hit and well within reason.

Don

Man, thank you everyone for such a fast response!!!
This is just the info I needed. Planning a setup utilizing a Sequence Snapper, and I want to make sure I have enough flow to support the pump.

For flow at the bulkhead itself, sure. Take into account 90's, 45's, and runs of pipe and the numbers decrease a bit.

That has nothing to do with it. It does however effect pumping. Gravity and negetive pressure literaly sucks the water through the pipe. The numbers posted are more than doable and with proper durso tuning can easily be exceeded.

Don

Yeah, easily exceeded. I have ~900gph being drained out of a 3/4". Totally surprised me.

Back