Bulkheads in a local shop?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mcoomer

Who's your daddy?!?
Anyone know of a shop that typically carries 1 1/2" slip-slip bulkheads. Long story short, I thought I had a good idea but ended up buying three different ones that I can't use. I'm going to call Barrier Reef, Blue Sierra, and Saltwater City because they're close to me. Also, 2" spa flex PVC. So far the biggest I've found is 1 1/2". If anyone has a lead I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
yea there all threaded if you find out where to get them let me know barrier is all out of mostbulkheads right now

im looking for 4 1"slip x 1"slip(only really need one slip side)

^ thats russell water gardens.

If you're up for it, you can actually use electrical conduit for bulkheads. I have them on my pond and I've done that with 1-4". You're free to come over and check it out if you want. But if you want a real bulkhead, russell water gardens has them in 1-4". Pretty pricy though.

If you only need one I'm pretty sure I have a brand new 1.5" slip slip sch. 40 at my Dads house on the plateau I could see if he can dig out.

I think I've figured out the bulkhead issue. I looked in my current sump and found that the 1.5" spa flex that I'm using on the return is running to a slip-NPT adapter. The threads are run into the wall of the sump and then I put a large nut on the back. I'm going to go that route on my new tank too so I won't need the bulkheads at all.

I do still need to find about a foot of 2" spa flex PVC though so I'll be calling The Water Mill tomorrow to see if they have some. I just need a short piece because the inlet to my barracuda is higher than the outlet that's drilled in the sump. I figure that spa flex is the easiest way to bridge that difference.

Thanks,
Mike

2" Spa Flex PVC at the HD Fowler company in Bellevue for less than $3.00 a foot. I've found the last piece that I needed to finish my build. Woo hoo!

Back