Bull shark on the street

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
As some of you know, hurricane Irene is heading my way. We are already feeling the effects of it which is due to really impact us later tonight. Anyways, in Puerto Rico, after Irene passed through, the water level rose so much that this fellow made it onto the streets of Puerto Rico! Could you imagine opening your front door and seeing a bull shark swimming by?? :eek:
Bull sharks are known to be found in salt or even fresh water so I guess this guy was right at home. This picture as you can see was taken from a car LOL!

Haha!! Hurricane's bring a lot of crazy stuff!! Check these two out. I will have to move this into the water fountain in a sec :lol:

My buddy pulling his Jeep into their living room to keep it safe

My sister in law took this while the guy put it up. Said she almost wet herself. This is what the guy used to secure his house from a category 3 hurricane. Dead serious :lol:

Haha!!:p

Well, going to move to the water fountain so we can have more fun with the thread because technically it isn't a reeefing thread, I will moderate myself:lol:

Where you're an island native and seen plenty of storms....whats you're take on the benefits or damage caused to reefs when storms like this come through. Does it bring in nutrients to help things along? Tear up frags to place elsewhere? Or does stormsurge wash polution off the islands and ruin once beautiful reefs? Or does it really have no affect at all?

Honestly, I think it gives the ocean a good stir probably releasing some nice nutrients for marine life to feed on. Some croals do break loose, but nothing major to talk about. I have seen more fish and inverts after a storm that you usually wouldn't find in tidepools showing up. Pretty decent :)

Very interesting shots there. We hope you and your family and friends are ready and will be safe through this storm Krish. We're sure you've been through plenty of them but we can't help but worry a little anyway.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. It is really blowing out there right now. From about 2am the power went out when the winds really picked up. It's 8:15 am now. I just turned on the generator for a bit. We have one big enough to run everything in our house, but we don't want to waste too much of the gas if we really don't need it. There have been cases where hurricanes messed up a lot of electricity poles and transformers and people were without power for weeks so I will play it safe until after the hurricane has past before I let it run. I'll be in and out throughout the day. :)

Hurricane has pretty much past me. I'm on limited Internet right now. A lot of power lines are down so I'm not sure when I'd be back here like usual. Good thing is everyone is safe and I lost maybe 10 shingles. :)

Thanks Martin!! We just got our electricity back on and my Internet so if nothing changes, I'm back to normal. :)

NORMAL??????? What is that???
Thanks for the update. Many of us were thinking of you and yours. Glad to hear it was only roofing. Easy cheap fix.

Back