calcium/kalk reactors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

morgan

commercial coral diver
hey i have a fluided sand bed filter lying around and had heard u could mod it in to a kalk reactor or calicum reactor?? is this true has some one done this? or does some one know how to do it?? im on a bit of a budget and am prepeard to buil some thing as i am setting up a coral farm and would like it to be able to be left for a weekend or holiday being fairly self suffeicent
i will probely eventualy need a bigger skimmer and im not going to pay 2000 dollars for a 4 foot tall one when i could possible make one for less then that
any help would be good on the sand bed filter an skimmer questions i will drop eles where

hey i have a fluided sand bed filter lying around and had heard u could mod it in to a kalk reactor or calicum reactor?? is this true has some one done this? or does some one know how to do it?? im on a bit of a budget and am prepeard to buil some thing as i am setting up a coral farm and would like it to be able to be left for a weekend or holiday being fairly self suffeicent
i will probely eventualy need a bigger skimmer and im not going to pay 2000 dollars for a 4 foot tall one when i could possible make one for less then that
any help would be good on the sand bed filter an skimmer questions i will drop eles where

There is a big difference between a calcium reactor and a kalk reactor. Which of the tow are your wanting to build?

Don

um i dont mind which one i build preferably kalk but what ever is easyest to mod using a a sand bed filter

If you don't mind manufacturing things yourself then you could make either.

Have you tested your tank for alkalinity then left it alone and not dosed anything at all for 3 full days then tested again to see how much it drops.

The reason is thats how you adjust a ca reactor and also a ggod way to know if you need a calcium reactor or not.

there are some good Do It Yourself (DIY) links in the DIY section and posting there would help you more. P.S. I am building my own skimmer and will post about it there later this month!!

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

:)

Paul

Last edited:
Back