calcium reactor ph

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fatjusto

Just setting up my calcium reactor to a ph controller and solenoid valve and was wondering what ph range within the reactor people fluctuate.

Does low 6.3 and high 6.5 sound right? So when it reaches 6.3 co2 cuts off and then 6.5 co2 turns on.

Cheers

No flux at all would be best. Small changes in a carx make big changes in effluent.

Don

Sounds like we need a Co2 reactor workshop!

As Don said, keep it steady. Your monitor is just there to keep it from getting to low.

I keep my Knop s-iv right about 6.7, and I use Korallith media. It keeps my tank about 9 dkh, Calcium about 400, and ph is 8.15 - 8.30. I use 45 bpm for CO2, and drip effluent at 2 drops/sec.

I don't think I can drop my ph that low, or for me necessary.

You can use ph to your advantage. Instead of going for that slow bubble count and slow drip rate, that give you a bunck of feed problems you can use ph. The media will start disolving at 6.9 and can go all the way to 6.0 before it starts getting nasty. Set your effluent rate to a maintainable amount with no stalling then adjust the ph. You may find if your consumption is low then you can get away with 6.8.

Don

I'll be setting up my new Octopus calcium reactor within this next week too (with help from someone who knows how to do it). But need to learn all about this. I love the idea of a calcium reactor fundamentals workshop. :) Anyone have the free time to put it together? :D

It really depends on the media to. Some dont even start to melt till they get to 6.25, some do it in the 7's

Mike

It really depends on the media to. Some dont even start to melt till they get to 6.25, some do it in the 7's

Mike

Thats another advantage to the Aquamedic stuff. Its starts disolving at a high ph and you can run it down low without it turning to mush. Lets you use a ca reactor at a decent effluent flow rate without nuking the tank or cavitating the reactor.

Don

Back