Calcium Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

07FocusST

Quick Question,

I have been researching a Calcium Reactor now since i have recently picked up a Derasa Clam (Large), a Candy Cane LPS, and plan on getting a Birds Nest SPS Coral.

I noticed that the Calcium Reactors require a CO2 system.. I only have a 55G with 10G sump. I don't need a $600... but need a decent system. Anyone know a good all-in-one package? or a good CO2 system to combine with a reactor? Where would I get CO2 from?

Thanks

First off 07FocusST welcome. Second I am local to you and I get my CO2 filled at the welding supply shop at the Gorst bend. If you don't have a CO2 bottle I believe they sell them fairly cheep. I also have an extra bottle and regulator PM me if you want to make a deal. You are welcome to check out my system and how my CA reactor works. I also use a Kalk reactor that on a system with little Ca and alk comsumption would work standing alone, I made it myself from parts at Lowes. Two Part solutions worked well for me for over 4 years but I eventually went to my reactors due to my systems high demand.

Joe

hmm.. sounds like something I would start getting into if I didn't have to move to the opposite coastline in a year and a half. Dosing should do for now. Thanks for the info Joe!

-Derrick

you could also just look into making lime water for your top off and not worry about dosing it really depends on how much your system takes up.

Back