Calling for HELP with Puget Sound setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

steamboat ben

Hi everybody! New to the PSAS, lovin' the tanks that I'm seeing, but I'm trying to find info (any at all) local Puget Sound cold water setups. I'm trying to set one up with a 180 gal (4x2x3tall) tank. I can't find any sights with substance or pics. This will be an awesome tank I think, but I would like to find some resources to bounce ideas off of. Appreciate any and all feedback, thanks.

Oh, also the tank I just aquired has a small crack in the upper right side wall of the aquarium it is about two inches from the corner about 1/2 in long and angling toward the corner. The acrylic is 3/4 in and the crack doesn't penetrate all the way through. I've spoken to some people that say this isn't that big of a deal and that I could drill a small hole and fill with weld on 42, others suggest an acrylic strap all the way around the top of the tank. The crack happened when the previous owner picked the tank up by (I think its called) euro-bracing. Any thoughts/tips.

Thanks everybody, excited to be part of the PSAS! Will keep you posted on progress, and hope to get pics up soon.

First of all; jsmkmavity thanks for the links. Second of all those spiny lumpsuckers are frickin' cool, I saw some at the Seattle Aquarium a little while ago, and boy do those anenomes look great. I can't wait to get my setup going but it might take a while as not only do I have to get/make all my filtration and cooling equipment but I have to build a stand that my wife will deem suitable. My ultimate goal is to get a wolf eel in my tank.

i have a glass tank for sale,,double 3/8" insulated glass,,used to be once cold tank salmon display tank,,i used for 5 years still in good condition,iwill sale it cheap,interested?,,will be perfect for cold tank that what it design for,very heavy. 72"x18"x32"

I have tank that is very close to those dimesions, acrylic so the tank is insolated better.

Dimesions are 48x24x30 tall, tenecor aquarium, has natural oak stand and canopy.

let me know if you are interested.

BUMP

P.S. He has an acrylic tank he's not looking for a tank but help in setting one up ! Advice on brands of chillers etc. :)
Paul

Back