Cameras + Accessories Recommendations

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BBurrows13

Sail Fast, Live Slow
I was just wondering which cameras all of you use and recommend as well as lenses etc.??

I currently use a Nikon D80 (with standard lenses) and for in-tank and underwater photography I use an Olympus Stylus 770SW

I personally think the Olympus Stylus 770SW is AMAZING being a point and shoot, the quality is nearly as good as an SLR for outdoor shots, not so great in low light or action (but that's why i have a D80)
The only problem i have had with the olympus is that one of the 2 that i own (long story how i ended up with 2) got water inside of it when i was down about 20', however the other camera worked great at deeper depths. I sent the water logged camera back and it was repaired for free in about 3 weeks

The D80 is the best compact SLR available on the market. The continuous shoot mode is amazing and the pictures are great in any conditions or lighting,
I need to know which lenses are recommended for the camera for close-up shots.

Last edited:
I use a Macro 105mm macro for my D80 and it takes some awesome macro shots. Takes alittle while to get used to but when you get acustom to it, it does really well! Check these out:

FINALMysteryWrasse-1.jpg

FinalDSC_00441.jpg

FINALDSC_0025.jpg

Thanks Erik

Back