Can anyone Id this from description?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

baseballkid5

I have a 75 gallon Reef. Noticing translucent strings from some of the rocks and also from the sand. very small less than an inch long but some shorter than others. I can get pics if needed. But im Upgrading tanks and if i need to get rid of them i might do the tranfer a little different. Also I want to reuse the sand in the new tank just wash it out really well. If Possible any help
Thanks
Scott

Might be a spaghetti worm? Do you see more than one leg extending out at a time? What color does it look to be?

Cheers,
Alex

Heres a few Pics. They are Translucent look like they dont stop moving around out from the rocks and the sand. They dont seem to retract when theres light. I have a few others that are out in the dark when theres light they suck up and disappear pretty quickly.
Pictured in front of the Zoas very stingy translucent. And Behind the Algae clip.

Heres a few Pics. They are Translucent look like they dont stop moving around out from the rocks and the sand. They dont seem to retract when theres light. I have a few others that are out in the dark when theres light they suck up and disappear pretty quickly.
Pictured in front of the Zoas very stingy translucent. And Behind the Algae clip.

Can't seem to see the little critters. *lol* I guess they're really translucent. (joking). What area of the photo are they in?

Cheers,
Alex

One of them is right in front of the Zoas very thin stringy. The other is behind the Algae clip i cant see it much either LOL. Ill try to get some better pics with a better camera.

One of them is right in front of the Zoas very thin stringy. The other is behind the Algae clip i cant see it much either LOL. Ill try to get some better pics with a better camera.

Well that is what I thought. I still would say it looks like a spaghetti worm. I have them in my tanks. They usually don't harm anything that I've seen any ways.

Cheers,
Alex

do they look like white threadlike translucent thin worms?and they seem to do a tube out of sand?i have them too in some zoas and try to take them out as they seem to irritate my zoas(half open)....they seem to do no harm but only irritate zoas though..but if they dont do that to your zoas then it should be fine...spaghetti worm

Back