can anyone Id this please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

royalreef

I found this below my clam and is the second one that I remove is this bad for the clams? or are this guys bad at all?

8c608ddb.jpg

cc578487.jpg

I cant tell for sure what type of worm it is but I would off it and keep checking your calm most worms are looking for a meal

I cant tell for sure what type of worm it is but I would off it and keep checking your calm most worms are looking for a meal

Actually my clam is not fully open and my local fish store recomend me to do a fresh water dip for 10 minutes. is this true and a good thing to do to the clam?

A freshwater dip is good for killing most worm type critters quite quickly - just be careful, do a ton of research on clam dipping before you attempt it - that way you don't damage your clam as well.

With freshwater dipping you have to be very VERY careful that your PH and temp in your FW dip is exactly like your tank - any variances will hurt your coral/clam/fish.

That looks to be just a typical bristle worm, in my opinion a really good part of any clean up crew. Just my opinion

Back