Can anyone name this coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ravinejk

I once had these as stow aways on some live rock and never figured out what they were, but really liked them. Can anyone identify what these are? Sorry, I don't have a better picture. BTW, not the frogspawn, the other green corals.

20110306-untitled-018.jpg

Forgot to mention, for scale they were about 4-5" in diameter. They did look kind of like a mushroom. Pretty sure they aren't Gradis paly. Not sure about the mini maxi anemones.

See I knew someone smart would show up!​

tats messed up! Im hella smart!

ive got elephant shrooms but they arent hairy ipsces! They are red and have the bumps on em...so many diff kinds!

tats messed up! Im hella smart!

ive got elephant shrooms but they arent hairy ipsces! They are red and have the bumps on em...so many diff kinds!

There are many different kinds. I would really like to see this mushroom you have.
Can you post a pic? How big is it?
Some red mushrooms are really hard to get.

lol man u guys are lucky im bringin two mushroom rocks with em on their...the dots on some of em are greenish. Im at work right now but when i gets home ill snap a pic of my bigger mushroom im keeping for myself! Its about as big as the palm of my hand! It deflated a lil when i cut the rock up though... =(
Ive got like 6 diff mushrooms...

They could certainly be Rhodactis. It's hard to tell from the picture. The main difference between the two is the smooth margin at the edge of the oral disk of the Amplexidiscus. The Rhodactis Genus has many more species and is much more common in the aquarium trade (and typically more colorful).

Regards,
Kevin

Looks just like my Elephant Ears. If you drop a hunk of food on one, it will ball-up and look just like an onion.

Back