Can you add a Refugium for NanoCube 28?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Aluvion

Refugium's seem like a very important part of a good reef, but I am not sure if the Nancube 28 can be retrofitted to enable the flow out to a sump and back into the filter.

Any advise would be appreciated

I've seen a picture someone had on another forum using the ecosystems hang-on refugium on their 24gal aquapod. I'll have to see if I can find the picture, but it worked perfectly :)

CPR makes hang on models look or marine depot under refegium cpr small.

Also someone was trying to sell one try posting a wanted add if you like there brand!

If it's like a biocube with 3 separate chambers, most people use the middle chamber as their fuge. You can buy submersible lights that can be put into the chamber or alot of people with biocubes simply scratch off a section of the paint on the back of the tank and put one of these http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+9654+8154&pcatid=8154 up against the glass. Toss in some LR rubble and some macro and you're good to go. I'm not sure if the back side of the nanocube is painted like the biocube is, but having the light in the water definitely will work.

Gotfish

Gotfish,
Can you PM me about this. i am a Newbie and i dont realy know what LR and Macro are...

If it's like a biocube with 3 separate chambers, most people use the middle chamber as their fuge. You can buy submersible lights that can be put into the chamber or alot of people with biocubes simply scratch off a section of the paint on the back of the tank and put one of these http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+9654+8154&pcatid=8154 up against the glass. Toss in some LR rubble and some macro and you're good to go. I'm not sure if the back side of the nanocube is painted like the biocube is, but having the light in the water definitely will work.

LR is live rock and macro is the algae your going to use in you refugium

ie caulerpa algae or chaetomorpha algae, ect

Back