Captive bred Clarion Angel

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Maxx

Staff Housemonkey
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=220735

I think they are a beautiful fish as juvenile, but as adults they are blah....
Just like the African Angel, (Holacanthus africanus)

Evidently these are being bred by Bali Marine...the same people who are breeding Pinnatus Batfish and have bred the Maze Angelfish, (Chaetodontoplus cephalareticulatus).

Hopefully, they can make enough money and have enough interested buyers to continue to breed and sell these fish to the point that the price becomes much more reasonable....

Well that's not so bad. But then, this comes from someone who thinks a plain jane uaru is a beautiful fish (and if I can find 5 or 6, I've got q tank waiting for them)

seems like i remember the last one going for 4500, so, 3999 might be a good sign, LOL

they were banned from import (although permits have been issued, which how i assume the breed stock was aquired) so, CB, from another hobbyist, or illegal basically...

Oh wow....I didn't even look at the price, I figured it would be in line with most other angels.

It is inline with other angels....as long as you are comparing to other unobtainable marine angelfish...;)

I dont think they are too bad looking as adults. and 4K isn't a lot of money in the scheme of things... it's only like 2 mortgage payments or something. haha, ya that sounds as ridiculous in my head as it does in writing... ya too much money for me

Please don't misunderstand me... If a person has the money for one and wants one, by all means, they should do so.
Fact of the matter is this a completely discretionary hobby....not a single one of us NEEDS this hobby to survive, (other than the business owners involved in this hobby, IE LFS, distributors, collectors etc since their livelihood depends on this hobby)

The main reason I started this thread is that I'm thrilled that Bali Aquaritch is captively breeding the fish that they are....
This marks the 3rd large angel they've been able to successfully breed and bring to market IIRC....(Annularis Angels, Maze Angels, and now the Clarion), these are also the guys who have captively bred and brought to market the Pinnatus batfish which has a dismal track record in the hobby...

So all of this is a win for us, even though I don't find the adult coloration of this particular fish appealing and I cannot afford to purchase it....well I could, but then my wife would divorce me and .....

Please don't misunderstand me... If a person has the money for one and wants one, by all means, they should do so.
Fact of the matter is this a completely discretionary hobby....not a single one of us NEEDS this hobby to survive, (other than the business owners involved in this hobby, IE LFS, distributors, collectors etc since their livelihood depends on this hobby)

The main reason I started this thread is that I'm thrilled that Bali Aquaritch is captively breeding the fish that they are....
This marks the 3rd large angel they've been able to successfully breed and bring to market IIRC....(Annularis Angels, Maze Angels, and now the Clarion), these are also the guys who have captively bred and brought to market the Pinnatus batfish which has a dismal track record in the hobby...

So all of this is a win for us, even though I don't find the adult coloration of this particular fish appealing and I cannot afford to purchase it....well I could, but then my wife would divorce me and .....

I actually think its great someone is willing to captive breed commercially in the first place...if i could only buy captive bred i would.

Back