Carpet Anemone in Danger?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

miNiChher

Does anyone know if the Condy could be doing some harm to the Carpet. The Carpet Anemone seems to move around quite a bit and she's been right next to the Condy for about 2 to 3 days now. Today as I peered in I noticed the Carpet's color around the area where she sometimes contacts the Condy has changed. Should I try and "manually" move one? Or will one eventually move before it gets hurt? Or is the Condy not an actual threat to the Carpet?

Here's a pic, I apologize but my old 5.1 mp is all I have...

DSC04631.jpg

DSC04632.jpg

DSC04634.jpg

here it seems as if Clarkii was trying to come to the rescue
DSC04635.jpg

It almost looked as if Clarkii was fanning back the Condy
DSC04637.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04639.jpg

DSC04640.jpg

DSC04641.jpg

those anemones are going to be attacking eacother. they are probably both stinging eachother.. I would keep a close eye on them..
How big is your tank? it may not be large enough for those two specimens to be in together....

Matt

My tank is 110 gallons... they were on opposite sides of the tank initially. I have absolutely no idea why the carpet moved to the condy's side.

so this is a 4' long tank?
My guess is there probably is not enough room in there for those two anemones they will cross paths more then one time and may kill eachother...

Matt

Condys are from the Atlantic and have no place in reef tanks containing Pacific fish, corals or anemones...unfortunately. They have a real NASTY sting and the Condy would probably win in a "Battle of Anemones." They're known fish eaters. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Carpet moved towards it as a sign of aggression.

Back