Catching a Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tdgates10

Designer Reef
I have a Banner Cardinal in my 50 gal reef tank and it is picking on 3/4 of the fish in there. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this fish out of there with out removing everything. I've tried using the net with food in it and just goes in the back of the tank. Thanks

Last night I "flushed" a damsel out of hiding with some airline tubing and lung power. Fish hate big nasty bubbles, lol

Find out where he sleeps at night, chances are it's in a cave or under an overhang. After the lights go off illuminate the tank with a red light, I bought mine at Party City. You can see the spectrum, they can't. Basically use the air to chase him out into the open and scoop him with a net. Works best with two people, two nets, and a corner you can back the fish into.

-Dan

Be patient and use two nets, one in each hand, then push with one net into the other net, go slow and you will win. I netted two clown fish today with that method.

Dan

catch and release

When that doesn't work get a small barbless hook,with its favorite treat on it and you should have that fish out in no time. Its important hook isn't barbed,and that you put fish in a place where you can gently remove the hook.This is almost compleatly harmless,much less harmless than chaceing it around with a net on a daily basis.

When that doesn't work get a small barbless hook,with its favorite treat on it and you should have that fish out in no time. Its important hook isn't barbed,and that you put fish in a place where you can gently remove the hook.This is almost compleatly harmless,much less harmless than chaceing it around with a net on a daily basis.

You have to be kidding me...

Back