Chalice eating a bristleworm!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luisse25

ok like what i always do before going to bed..look at my tank,check sump and check the equipments if its working properly...to my surprise even with just moonlight i saw this thing wiggling on my bubble gum monster frag!i thought its just the tentacles as its tentacles are always out,fat and long..though i knew its not tentacles because the thing that is wiggling is reddish color...so i went and turn on my actinics and theres the poor halfway eaten bristlewoom getting munched on by the chalice...

heres pics i wanna share...
DSC08956.jpg

DSC08958.jpg

DSC08959.jpg

u can see the fat clear tentacles and the bristle worm
DSC08961.jpg

still fighting and wiggling
DSC08962.jpg

DSC08966.jpg

heres an update pic this morning when i woke up to cook my husband breakfast..
DSC08974.jpg

and heres pic when i turn my actinics on at 11am
DSC08975.jpg

with flash
DSC08976.jpg

:D:D:D

Wow crazy, that's cool that you were able to get pics while it was still eating the bristle worm. Looks like your chalice collection is growing. I see 2 BGMS, miami hurricane and is that the bazooka in the background?

yes ashton its bazooka joe...
yes i got excited and took my camera...it was a long fight for the bristleworm...i just dont know how the bristleworm got there..probably crawled and u know bgm's has long tentacles and by far the hungriest of my chalices...

it was 2am(yeah im awake that late) when i saw this and bristleworm is already halfway eaten but its still alive...and by 6am when i woke up,its only the tip of the tail and by 11am its completely been swallowed..im sure im not gonna feed this chalice for a while:D

that happened to me with the bubblegum looking one I have left. Very cool to see. My favia I had also did the same thing.

i watched my miami hurricane chalice pull a tenacle off my hammer coral.. weird thing to see, but eating a bristle worm now thats cool!...

Back