• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Changes to Blue Sierra

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

CRAZEELADEE

I love this stuff!
Blue Sierra Exotics Status

October 2009

Greetings!

Many of you that frequent our Issaquah store on a regular basis have noticed that we have been going through some major changes the past few months. I would like to send a little message to explain "what's going on" with the status of our store.

Blue Sierra Changes

Back in 1995 we purchased a small Aquatic only store located on the North side of Issaquah called
Blue Sierra. At the time the store was in a very small location with very limited access and clientele.
In August 2001 we relocated to our current location on the south side of Issaquah on Front Street. Through the past 7+ years we have grown our current location into a successful business, with increased clientele, and a strong aquatic presence in the Pacific Northwest. As many of you know, things have changed dramatically in the economy not only since 2001 but even from 2 years ago. The changing economic times has unfortunately not avoided the aquarium industry either. Rising cost of products, increased overhead, and overall poor economic times have forced us to make some changes to our Issaquah location. Our current lease was set to expire in August 2009, we have made valiant efforts to try and re-negotiate to a more favorable lease that would allow us to stay at the current location in the same exact size. Our efforts have been rejected over and over. We have decided to downsize our current location into more of an "Aquatic Showroom". This will allow us to keep a presence in the Eastside, in the same location, and also keep a lot of the items that customer need on a regular basis. We will continue to have just as much livestock as before in both Saltwater and Freshwater but more consolidated. We will carry less drygoods then what customers have been used. We still will have a larger selection compared to other aquatic stores. We will promote our maintenance services we provide out of this location and have "Show" tanks set-up to allow customers to know what they can achieve in their own home or office and all the service we provide. We will be the exact same great store you have all grown to love and support (just in less square footage).

Many of you have asked what we will be doing with all the extra inventory? That brings me to part two of the equation. We have acquired back our original flagship location in the Renton area that was formerly know as Fish Gallery & Pets. Six years ago we ventured into a business transaction that never worked out for anyone involved, to no fault of our own. Since then there has been a great void left for a successful pet store presence in South King area. That is what we hope to provide. By re-opening our original Fish Gallery & Pets location in Renton under the Sierra Fish & Pets name. The store will be a large full-line pet store with a huge emphasis on aquatics.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank everyone that has taken the time to read this message and for your continued patronage. I hope you all understand that it is necessary for us to realign our locations to fit with the current market conditions. I sincerely appreciate all your continued support and patience throughout this entire process. In the long run this will be the best thing for everyone. It will allow us to continue to provide the customer service and expertise you have all grown to love, and with your help, will allow us to continue to grow and become even bigger and better in the years to come!

Sincerely,

Jonas Sternberg
Blue Sierra Exotics

It made me sad to see the store being cleared out and I'll miss browsing all the different tanks and dry goods you used to stock.

That being said, I cant wait to see the store after the remodel and check out the Renton location as well.

Reopen Renton store,yeah,,,i am still belived in you Jonas,,,you can do it and you can make it to be the greatest place for all of us ..cheer:)
see my avatar that Eclectus i bought her from Renton store.

Last edited:
thanks to everyone for the kind words and continued support during this time of change for our company. i know there are both positives and negatives to this decision. but our main goal is to still have an eastside presence and to still have an empasis on aquatics! thanks again for al the kind words.

We will be re-opening the old Fish Gallery on Grady way, just off of 167 in Renton. As many of you know, the Sernbergs were the oringinal owners, and sold it awhile back......

Thay have been working like crazy to get the store up and going, hopefully very soon!

I want to thank all of you who have been so kind and supportive through this whole thing, it's a big step, but kind of exciting. I think the Renton store will be great, and hope to see you all there! Feel free to stop by Blue Sierra and give us your input!

I have been a loyal follower of Fish Gallery and I thank you Jonas for bringing the pet store back to Renton area.... I believe this is a good move... Thank you again for bringing it back.

I've been a customer since that north Issaquah store, followed you to your present location and will look forward to the new one.

I hope you do well there and continue bring in great corals and fish that you do.

your store is great i love it when i work up there so i can stop by and see the cool things you have

Back