what are they?

and this

Picture3001374.jpg

30hour after insert
Picture3001375.jpg

ID's please

good or bad?

yep, gotta take chances some times.

they were in a reef tank at the store. there was fish anonome's inverts, sps. iv had my eye on them for a hot second.

looks healthy just wanted to know exsactly what it was.

ok....it's your tank dude just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

the top picture is a mushroom and it's fine.....
bottom picture is a gorgonians - same thing as krish has in his tank.

well, it was free.

well i still got more comeing.

i think im gonna wait a few weeks and pic up thos button pylops and maybe some others not sure.

Yep, gorgonians - it would be pretty cool if you found a way to keep that under control...but, good luck!

Looks like a non-photosynthetic gorgonian. You can look forward to a slow death in your tank, followed by the release of noxious chemicals.

Check out www.garf.org, they've got all sorts of information on gorgonian care. Also see Anthony's opinion on these.

You should be spanked! Or more appropriately, your LFS.

Last edited:
your safe with those two. dont worry about it. You can buy stuff without knowing exactly what is as long as it isn't harmful. probably not the best way though.
first is mushrooms. Second is a gorgonian(really cool one)

dont worry about it. You can buy stuff without knowing exactly what is as long as it isn't harmful. probably not the best way though.

and how do you know if it's harmful or not if you don't know what it is? :) It's hard to advocate just tossing stuff in your tank without knowing what and whether it's safe or not as that is just not responsible reef-keeping.

LOL! Mine are still doing great Jon...I blow off my rocks occasionally so they can eat teh detritus and then I give them coral frezy about twice a week. Very nice frags you got!:)

ya, i found a bunch of stuff.

the system it came out of, is maintained by me. so ive had a very close eye on thes 2 for about 2 weeks.

the shroom grew alot over the last 4 weeks.

but anyway 2 tell ya the truth i dont think these have every bin fed.

but ill get them something tomarrow.

micro vert is not the best choise i know but K, you feed yours "coral frezy"?

It's going to take a lot longer than two weeks for these to starve to death. Some waste away over a period of a year and then people say "oh yeah, I had one of those for a year and it did great". :confused:

yep, gotta take chances some times.

they were in a reef tank at the store. there was fish anonome's inverts, sps. iv had my eye on them for a hot second.

looks healthy just wanted to know exsactly what it was.

This is sad when people just do stuff like this knowing better, your asking for trouble & exactly like Slickdonkey said, it may not show up right away but doing this is very irresponsible. It is people who this makes it bad for everyone, we all pay for this type of crap.
:doubt:

how the hell do you pay for this, when i didnt pay.

Im confused, i dont mean to sound rud or anything but you guys really gotta think out side the box.

just cause i picked something with out knowin its scintific name its in's and out's what it crap smells like doesnt make that a bad choice. Keep in mine Im busting my azz welding buildings fixing cars that people constintly "do stuff like this knowing better" and others have to deal with it.

ah nvm just drop it.

thanks for the info tho really

nice corals dood :) .
and yeah i have heard only good things about coral frenzy and i'm even thinking about trying it myself.

how the hell do you pay for this, when i didnt pay.

Im confused, i dont mean to sound rud or anything but you guys really gotta think out side the box.

just cause i picked something with out knowin its scintific name its in's and out's what it crap smells like doesnt make that a bad choice. Keep in mine Im busting my azz welding buildings fixing cars that people constintly "do stuff like this knowing better" and others have to deal with it.

ah nvm just drop it.

thanks for the info tho really

I think what everybody is trying to say is maybe do some research before you buy, it is the cornerstone of this hobby. JMHO.

Back