chiller question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mfinn

Surgeonfish
I am installing a Prime Current chiller with dual controller on my new tank.
In the instructions it said I can install the sensor in the "sensor port " in the chiller or directly in the aquarium water.
Seems to me that the sensor would be better placed in the sump, to give the controller a more acurate temp of the water.
Also I am placing the chiller outside my house, if that makes a difference.
Any opinions?

I'd say sump as well Martin seeing that's where the majority of people feed their chillers from and seeing you have the advantage of putting the sensor anywhere and not having to have the pump there, I'd probably put it in the input chamber of your sump so it can give you a more accurate reading of the tank. Too close to any pumps (return, skimmer) or any refugium lights may have the sensor reading a bit warmer water than what it really is so I'd say sump as well out of sight, but input side. Just my 2 cents if it's worth that much(LOL) Good luck!:)

My cents are expired man:p Good luck setting up! Can't wait to see that members showcase forum thread when you get her all done (hint hint :D )

Put it where ever you want, just set the offset so that it matches the actual tank temp 6 or 8 inches below the surface.

Don

Hey Martin mine is all in the sump!
I am fixing to put my chiller under the house and run the lines through the floor into the stand so that the chiller doesn't have to be under the endtable any more!!
as for the accurate temp, Like Don says just make sure you adjust so that it is accurate. as we all know it is most important to be stable even over the actual temp... just as long as it is between 74-79 degrees I would say..

post some pictures of how you set up the chiller outside!!!

Matt

Back