Chiller question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

PTPuffers

puffer
Hello, I have a Pacific Coast Imports CL-650 chiller. I got in a package deal when I bought my tank(140gl.). I finally got the tank up and running and the return pump that i was running (custom sea life)was causing the tank to get to hot (85 degrees) so I hooked the chiller up with a 650 gallon per hour pump. I let it run for two days and the temp. never came down, but continued to climb, so I am using a smaller submersible pump until i can figure out the chiller problem. Does anyone know anything about these, maybe a freon recharge?? I have emailed PCI twice with no responce. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Gary

Quite possibly it needs "gassing up". Also, did you notice if the fan was cutting in as I've heard stories before about the chiller fans going bad... Just a few thoughts :)

The fan was definitely coming on. Is the gassing up something I can do at home or do I need to send it in to the factory?

Thank you

I'd probably take it to an aircondition/refrigeration technician and let them check it to see if it needs "gassing up" and if so, let them do it. :)

Make sure you have a foot of air front & back also it must move that air to work efficiently!

go to technician , i think that is gas problem , it use 134 tipe. the second problem with that chillers is the fan, keep a eye in that, i have one only problems with the fan, and get one for replacing from a local refrigeration store . is more confiable than the original. also this chiller is the same than resun and i think that oddysea.
good luck
pedro

Back