chiller won't chill

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

janet58

anyone know what to do with a chiller than runs all the time? i have a custom sea life chiller i've had for about 10 years and lately it runs even at night when it's not that hot. do these need to be recharged every once in a while or is it a tell-tale sign it's going bad? unfortunately the company is out of business and i'm not sure who to take it to to get it checked out. i tried refrigeration repair, but they don't know what i'm talking about. i'm not sure if its worth the hassle to call around or not...

well if your chiller is running all the time and even at night then you might wanna get it recharged and no its not a tale you do need to recharge your chiller everyonce in a great while to save yourself from getting some grey hairs i recommend that you get it recharged

you guys are awesome! it turned out it just needed to be cleaned and dusted. it works much better now....i knew you guys would know what to do!!! i still might need to have it re-charged, but it's better for now...

the other thing that really helps, is to reverse flush your chiller with some hot ro water and a nice strong pump...you'll be amazed at the crap that comes flying out of an old chiller...

the other thing that really helps, is to reverse flush your chiller with some hot ro water and a nice strong pump...you'll be amazed at the crap that comes flying out of an old chiller...

Reverse flushing is a very good idea. Skimmy you is one smart dude!
thanks!:)

Your friend,
Ed:)

Back