Chocolate Tang/ Acanthurus Pyroferus

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

row-z

Anyone have a chocolate tang? If so any pictures of yours available. Also is it compatible with hippo tang?

I have one with two Hippo Tangs.
11102007fish02.jpg

11102007fish00.jpg

Thanks so much for the photo. I got a chocolate tang 2 weeks ago and he is still in quarantine, but eating and healthy as can be. Wanted to make sure a hippo would be a good tang to share tank with. Thanks for the help.

I love these tangs. They really do not have flashy colors, nor are the prettiest of the tangs. But, I guess they are more uncommon than most tangs. So, it is nice to see one when I do.

I have one, it's very skittish. A friend got if for my tank a year ago as he swore they are the only tang that would eat bryopsis. I have a little niger trigger in there, he eats bryopsis so I can't tell if the chocolate also does. I can say mine is super mean so do take care with them. But I also have a super mean bangai cardinal so go figure. They kill damsels and anthias but ignore wrasses and will challenge but not kill butterflies and the trigger. I do not know what their criteria is. The bangai is huge and old, had him for a couple years and he was adult when I got him. The tang is in the process of going from mimic eibli colors to adult, and by the way needs a new home in a very large tank. :)
I don't know how many people will want a super mean tang.
Kate

Back