Circulation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

capnjack

My circulation pump in my tank fried this morning looking to replace it what is a good one for 75 GL. reef tank, at present time I just had the one pump would it be better to put one at each end? Thanks

Hello,

Water Blaster pumps are nice, quite, and good flow:) Not the cheapest but well made and 3 year warranty. Really good customer service.

Good Luck!

I agree. I like a bit more, but was only able to do this because I keep bare bottom tanks, but my 75gal had a 700 gph return and 2 Tunze stream powerheads one rated at 1600 gph and the other at 1850 gph. I did add a 950 gph closed loop as well, but eventually removed it. Looked a bit too out of place in there. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently replaced my return pump and got a quiet one pump. I am very pleased with it. I got the 1400 gph and it is really quiet.

I have a tunze and korila (sp) or hydor, I don't remember. But just upgraded to a MP20 and MP40 vortech which i'll be firing up tonight.

I have a tunze and korila (sp) or hydor, I don't remember. But just upgraded to a MP20 and MP40 vortech which i'll be firing up tonight.

nice! you really got the bug too didn't you!

I run 2 mp40's and 980gph return on a 120p. i think vortechs are the best. I say this after doing much research and seeing some comparison results from independent test. vortechs have the widest dispearsed flow and actually under rate the gph, but the coolest feature is the changings water patterns if you have multiples, or outomatic changing speeds if you only have one. if it was not for this I would several pumps in various location with a few on timmers to creating that turbulence wich is desirable in many reef set-ups. Iv'e seen some pretty cool random water patterns generated this way even without timers.

several medium to smaller pumps is always better than I huge one balsting in one direction. imo.

I ran (3) Hydor Koralia 4's (850gph) in my old 75g in a gyre setup supplemented by 950+-gph return pump. It was plenty until corals matured so added another K-2 but still could have used more. I run (4) of the Hydor Evo 1400's (1400gph)in my current 125g along with about 1100gph return and like it just fine for now. Will probably slowly upgrade to Tunze PH's as this system matures but still have a hard time justifying the cost of these and Vortech's. I think you'll be much happier with alot more flow in your system.

Cheers, Todd

Back