Clam pictures

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DonW

R.I.P.
The tank is a mess due to remodel, but here are the boys.
clams%20006.jpg

clams%20007.jpg

clams%20008.jpg

clams%20009.jpg

clams%20010.jpg

Very nice Don! I've never had clams before, but is it safe for that tang to be in that clam like that in the first pic? All I can think of is what happened to John's tang (jlehigh):)

BTW, there's a thread in the water fountain about your avitar you may want to check out:p

Very nice Don! I've never had clams before, but is it safe for that tang to be in that clam like that in the first pic? All I can think of is what happened to John's tang (jlehigh):)

BTW, there's a thread in the water fountain about your avitar you may want to check out:p

Would be a drag. I told him to stay away but he just doesnt listen.:)

Don

you got some real monsters there Don :) check your Alk and Ca every day and let us know how much increase you get

Only the gigas is new so I dont think I'll see much of a consumption increase.
I dont think clams consume all that that much ca compaired to sps or coraline.

Don

Only the gigas is new so I dont think I'll see much of a consumption increase.
I dont think clams consume all that that much ca compaired to sps or coraline.

Don

they definitely do. especially large Gigas. im sure you know that they lay down new shell to the intire inside of the shell and not just the rim.

they definitely do. especially large Gigas. im sure you know that they lay down new shell to the intire inside of the shell and not just the rim.

We'll see. I did check it just this morning only a day and a half. CA and alk are right where they were before adding the big gigas. May eventually need to bump the ca reactor up as they grow, but I dont see any huge increase concerns.

Don

Back