Clarion Angels!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MadMax

Promoter
IMG959374.jpg

Who wants to own a Clarion Angel?

Cortez Tropical Marine in Gardena has recently acquired abatch of these incredibly beautiful fish.
They do not sell direct to the general public but Cortez saythey can certainly arrange to sell one to your favorite pet store to completethe transaction.

Cortez Tropical Marine is the official Livestock Sponsor forthe Children's Touch Tank for MAX 2014. You will in fact have the chance to see a special display of ClarionAngels at the next Marine Aquarium Expo!

For those who are unfamiliar with the species, ClarionAngels are incredibly beautiful with their distinctive bright-blue body stripesand trailing edges. On the other hand,they are also extreme rare in captivity, hence their price is prohibitive formost hobbyists (they typically retail around $3,000 or more) but for thoselooking for something extremely unique, rare, and beautiful, this may be justthe opportunity you are looking for.

I believe they have only SIX more specimens available at thetime of this writing, so for or any store owners who are interested inacquiring one, Cortez Tropical Marine is in Gardena, CA and can be reached at(310) 329-1372. Serious hobby buyers mayalso call in order to arrange a transfer to their local fish store.

Go Get 'Em!

Actually, I think Clarions are a more mild Holacanthus angel. Add it last and call it good :D

Conspic would be a nice choice too, Kirk, and they run cheaper than the Clarion.

ok it is settled, when i can find a rich uncle and come up with 2500.00 dollars, i will buy it..then promptly become divorced as my wife says you did WHAT, HOW MUCH?

hahhahahahaahhahahaha

Max,

I'm Kirk.

I have a large display of angels in my 375g tank. So I guess when the word angels came up, people thought of me (which is nice of them).

:D

Actually, I think Clarions are a more mild Holacanthus angel. Add it last and call it good :D

Conspic would be a nice choice too, Kirk, and they run cheaper than the Clarion.

Is that like a mildly violent psychopath?

:D

They're kinda like the African Angels (Holacanthus africanus) to me.....

The Juvi's look beautiful, but the adults are drab and not so attractive.
The price of the Clarion's also makes them unattractive to me...

;)

I looked up the adult colorations...pretty fish when its young, not bad when its older but 3k? Holy shamole. I'm sure there are 6 "I have money burning a hole in my pocket and my insanely obscure fish validates me" people out there but thats a pretty intense pricetag. If its so rare and there are so many more reasonably priced, beautiful fish, maybe it should stay in the ocean? :typing:

Eh....different people have different priorities.
If you wanna spend your money on the fish, and you can take care of the fish, buy the fish.
My experiences with expensive fish have not always been so great. I spend $500 on a pair of captive bred A.leukocranos (white bonnet clowns), and also spent $200 on a Golden Dwarf Moray. The "reef safe" GDM promptly ate the smaller male clown and the female wound up jumping out after a year.

Wife wasn't happy and neither was I.

I tend to be more cautious with my fish purchases after that.

But that's just me. I don't begrudge someone who has the wherewithal to purchase and care for such a fish, I just don't care for the adult coloration of the fish.
I'm like NC2WA in that I prefer the Conspiculatus Angel over the Clarion in the looks department. If I'm going to spend $3k for a fish, I'm going to get the fish I want.

I might have sounded like sour grapes, if I did, I'm sorry.

There are incredibly talented people on these boards who are very capable "extreme" fish keepers. I get that if they have the money and the talent and desire, these are good purchases for them. I guess to me, the fish doesn't seem that amazing. Its rare but outside of that, there are a ton of better looking angels IMO. I might just be uneducated on the animal (and if so, please someone put me in my place) but a 3000 dollar price tag because they are "rarely sold to the public" seems ridiculous and more along the lines of "if its rare, I want it" rather than "its beautiful, interesting and hard to keep but I'm up to the task".

Does any of this rambling make any sense?

Didnt come off as sour grapes to me at all!

No worries.

They are awesome looking but dang, 3k for a single fish, i wish i had that kinda of spare cash i could buy 3k fish. i mean the person that could afford this fish would have to have a decent size tank, factor in you would want a bunch of fish in your tank, so that would be a huge price tag when all said and done.

Dang... i need more money. lol.. now i like that fish too. only if i had won the mega million lottery the otherday. LOL... nice fish though...

tricks,

for anyone in this hobby, we all need more money (and therapy) .. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back