Cleaning off a MH bulb

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dmbfreek

Ok, this is probably a stupid question but I'm wondering how to get the water splash marks off of my mh bulb. I know that you're not supposed to touch the bulb so just wondering how to get it clean. Thanks for any suggestions!

Glen:D

I am going to follow this, because i was just going to wipe it with a paper towel but figured that might be wrong. Hopefully we can figure this out :)

-augustus

I use lime juice on a paper towel then after cleaning with that I use an alcohol pad to insure it is clean from any oils..

Matt

Really the only thing you should have is salt on your glass. As long as they are cool, just wipe them down with water. If there is a little oil (from your fingers) a little isopropyl alcohol will clean it a bit better. Make sure the bulb is dry before firing up. Use a paper towel to wipe dry and install it and you will have a clean bulb!

I always just waitied until the bulb cooled down, wiped it with a very very damp cloth and then came back over it with a dry cloth. Worked well for me:)

Lime juice or vinegar, just soak it long enough to remove any crusted sw on it, then clean with alcohol.

i used to wipe my bulb with a diper dood(a cloth one :p), they're not only soft but they work good, just get it a little bit wet and then buala wipe it with the diper :D .
I also have another one for wiping the front of the tank after i'm done with changing the water.
I haven't cleaned my for quite sometime since i got a dehumidifier running all the time :).

Well, I used Krish's advice and wiped with a damp cloth, every thing looks clean and bright again. Thanks again for the advice everybody.

Back