clock next to fish?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

conduit7

Want to place grandmother clock 6 ft. from tank. Will the chimes bother the fish at night? I know the ocean is noicey, but natural noice. Don't want to keep them up all night and don't want to compromise their health. All replys appreciated. Thanks Carol

The fish should become use to the routine that you setup for them. Lights, movement, circulation and other house noises will become part of thier enviroment. I would not suggest Loud speakers, but the clock should be ok.

I would be more concerned about the clock. If it's a nice clock, or heirloom, I wouldn't put it too close to the tank. Warm, moist air could be bad for the wood and movement of the clock. Just a thought.

Mike

I would be more concerned about the clock. If it's a nice clock, or heirloom, I wouldn't put it too close to the tank. Warm, moist air could be bad for the wood and movement of the clock. Just a thought.

Mike

I agree with you. I have my tanks in the basement and I noticed rust on some stuff upstairs (bike, chromed coffee machine and so on)

BTW In case you didn't know, some clocks chime louder during the day than the night. Make sure you're on the right twelve hour cycle.

I doubt that clock is as noisy as the television located 6 feet away from my tank, I leave the TV on all night as it helps me sleep....

I just angled it so my lion fish can watch it too.

He only freaks out when shark week is on, or when I change the channel from NCIS.

Back