closed loop pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

roscoe

What is the most quiet pump for a closed loop for a 3'x3'x2' cube? What size and brand to recommend this is going to be mostley sps tank?

You need to ask your wife LOL. Plan on spending $200 or so for pump and $150 or so for OM. Set it up like todd had it and Quit trying to be a cheep A**.
PS Thats all I have to say about that. Now just do it, I don't want to hear about it anymore.
Man I need to quit drinking :eek:

You need to ask your wife LOL. Plan on spending $200 or so for pump and $150 or so for OM. Set it up like todd had it and Quit trying to be a cheep A**.
PS Thats all I have to say about that. Now just do it, I don't want to hear about it anymore.
Man I need to quit drinking :eek:

Look whos talking about a cheap A**:badgrin: maybe you would have your 400w hqi ballast already, man you're a cheap A**:eek:. Talking about asking my wife, at least I don't have dog poo duty every day. Yes you do need to stop drinking!!:eek: Hey another shot there buddy and another and another. PS you will hear more from me real soon:D

Last edited:
Poseidon pumps are dead silent; but they're known for running hot. I've got a Poseidon PS4 (1200 gph) and if not for the water actually blowing around I wouldn't be able to tell that it was running.

Yeah I heard it was a very quiet, but also put out a lot of heat.

My vote is the Dart or the Barracuda. I had the Barracuda on it b/f but it was a bit loud, that's why I suggested the Dart. I have sen too many of the Amp Masters leak :rolleyes: The Poseidon are too hot and not enough flow.

My vote is the Dart or the Barracuda. I had the Barracuda on it b/f but it was a bit loud, that's why I suggested the Dart. I have sen too many of the Amp Masters leak :rolleyes: The Poseidon are too hot and not enough flow.

I know you had the baracuda on it b4 Todd. Do you think that would be too loud for the LR? I know you suggested the Dart I'm just afraid It won't be enough flow. give me a call Todd. 253 222 5406

Can you put it under the house ?.

Todd and I disgussed that option, but I don't know if Mitzi would like for me to cut a hole into the floor of our house and I don't want to hear s**t from you about gettin permission:badgrin::D from her lol. I gotta come over to your place and listen to that baracuda again because that is what I am leaning towards. See ya:D

Is it carpet, if so you can pull back what you need and drill two holes in the floor ( no prob) shove the pipe thru and push the carpet back. When you take the tank down you cover the holes and push the carpet back. I did that when I took my 150 in the house down. You cant find the holes lol.

Man, you guys are a bunch of drunken heathens! LOL ;)
I run a newer amp master 3000 and it is super quiet. They fixed the seal problem on them about 3 years ago. Mine has been running about two years now non stop.

Back