clown protecting his anenome

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

travis_

Sea Cucumber
I had to move the rock 2 of my anenomes are attached to last night becasue it fell over, and while doing so one of the clowns was very aggresivly trying to get me away from the anenomes. Is this normal? I thought it was cute, watching him nip at my finger and hitting me with his tail. No doubt he cares for his buddy anenomes. When the rock fell over it slightly pinched one anenome and part of his foot came off the rock, the clown was carefully trying to nudge his foot back on the rock.

that is what I saw too, the larger (assuming male) was protecting, but the smaller (assuming female) counld't care less.

In my case it really is the smaller (male) who is much more aggressive about defending his home than the larger (female). That's unusual in clowns, which is why I mentioned it. My female is quite friendly. Though she is very aggressive with the nori clip. She doesn't wait for me to get it secured on the clip, she dives right in with my hands next to her. She rips off large chunks and gulps them down. I thought she was gonna choke last night, but she got it down somehow.

yeah my GBM clown is a meanie lol she was nice for a lil bit but i cant even go and and fix some of my fallen corals any more lol she is always trying to attack me haha

Back