Clown showing interest?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

07FocusST

Hey guys & gals,

Its been quite sometime since I have posted here. Anyway I have been working hard to get my place all nice and pretty for my 90G in wall reef.

I did want to get some opinions from the experienced!

First, I have a pair of tank bred clowns who have never cared for my RBTA but always hosted the Leather Toadstool inches away from it. Recently my Frogspawn had one of its heads completely release from its base and landed close to the Leather. My clowns do not want anything to do with the leather now.

Now the clowns have been eye balling the RBTA and showing interest in it but won't go into it. I have read lots about clowns not hosting anemones. I can live with that but now she's really got my attention for most of the day watching to see if she goes in. Anyone think they will take the plunge and go in?

The frogspawn on the other hand seems to be alive and well without its skeleton base. Anyone ever experience a frogspawn living off of its skeleton? or should I pull it out just in case?

-Derrick

given time it will build another crown but only if it isn't disturbed too much. I had a fox head do this too and did fine in addition to building another crown.

Back