Clown Spawn in my display tank need info on feeding

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tcduongxx

Ocean2Ocean
I have a 250 gal tank with corals and fishes. Two of my clark clown paired a few weeks ago and they spawned a week ago. I need advice on feeding the little one.

The only way they will make it is to remove them into another tank before they hatch.
Then, you will need live rotifer culters ready for them and the fry will need fed multiple times daily.
Otherwise, you can let it be, call the fry plankton when they are born and they will be a tasty treat for the rest of the fish in the tank.

I am going to try to feed them the rotifier and see if they make it. I have several large anmonies protecting the spawn. Not many fishs go near the area. I will try to get the turkey baster and spray food in the area.

I like to find out if anyone out there have success with rasing them in display tank.

Not with fish in the same tank. My clowns lay eggs a lot. I can always tell when they hatch, all the fish are out swimming frantically (eating) when the lights are out. Even mom and dad enjoy the live food. :) They hatch about an hour after lights out. I tried once to keep them alive in another tank but they only lasted about a week. But I didn't feed them any live foods. There is tons of info about the process on the net, it's a lot of work to get them to live. Good luck if you attempt it.

how do you safely remove the eggs? Are they dellicate? Or could they be sucked out with a large turkey baster?

I don't think you could suck them out. They usually are stuck pretty good to the rocks. But then again I haven't tried. :)

My clowns use to lay eggs on a rock that I can easily remove.

You can suck them out when they hatch. They are drawn to light, so they swarm the beam of a flashlight and could be easily sucked out then.

Back