Clowns laid eggs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

eartaker

So today I noticed that my clowns have laid eggs. I was wondering what will be the best way to help them grow. The only fish in my tank are the 2 clowns and a green chroimis right now.

What are are your suggestions?

Unless you are prepared to capture the babies when they hatch and have the appropiate food ready, they will hatch on there own and become food for the fish and corals.

You may not have time to get everything ready this time, but it's a good time to start getting ready for the next batch.
Keep feeding them good and keep the water in good shape and they should spawn on a regular basis.

eartaker,

how much time do you have?

you will need to devote alot of time and patience to get them raised, BUT it can be done...

They just laid last night, I have about 7 days... from reading I have to scoop them out the night they hatch, and feed them... it doesn't seem that hard. I have everything to setup the 2nd tank with the water they hatch in. What else do I need?

need to feed them different size rotifiers as they grow...then do 50% water changes at least once a week as rotifiers will pollute the water...some grow them in 5 gallon buckets...it is the feeding part that is the challenge.

If I can get the food for them, I'm not worried about it, but finding the food is the issue. If I cant then I guess I will wait for the next batch.

eartaker,

you can make your own rotifiers BUT it takes time and more time to cultivate.

I used to raise clowns and really, raising the rotifers is the tricky part. They can be very unstable and there's a really delicate balance you need to maintain. Constantly harvest and feed to prevent overpopulation and starvation. You'll need to keep the fry in tiny tanks at first, and feed SEVERAL times a day with the rotifers. Water changes and constant removal of dead fry is a must. Are your clowns laying on a big rock or something small and removable? Mine used to hatch an hour after lights out on the 7th day like clockwork.

Before you get too crazy thinking about hatching the clowns, get a stable phyto and rotifer population going. Feed the phyto to the rotifers, and feed the rotifers to the baby clowns when the time comes. You'll want a special rotifer screen to strain them out of yucky rotifer water.

get a hold of salmon slayer he raises rotifers and get a air stone pump lots of water a few small tanks lol not worth the time unless you just want the claim i know how to lol snowflakes lightning standards ? what kind o clowns

Back