mavgi

i want to know please any feedback on this co2 regulator:

RF Deluxe CO2 Regulator with Solenoid : cost $144

JBJ CO2 Regulator with solenoiod + bubble counter: cost $71

thanks

michael

6622292034.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I have the jbj and it works fine. Make sure you use teflon tape and tighten the bubble counter well. It took me four bottles of c02 to find the slow leak.

thank you for the replay.

it's very interesting is the leak was from silcon line connection area ?

i don't think that i need this bubble counter because it's already in the reactor i want it just because the solenoid (for sefty shut off) and it's big different between the prices. and the precison needle valve more better

Last edited:
I have the JBJ regulator and it's working perfectly. I don't use the built in bubble counter as my calcium reactor has one built in. It's easy to adjust and very stable. I don't see a justification in buying the more expensive CO2 regulator.

mattseattle said:
I have the JBJ regulator and it's working perfectly. I don't use the built in bubble counter as my calcium reactor has one built in. It's easy to adjust and very stable. I don't see a justification in buying the more expensive CO2 regulator.

how you close the connection on the needle valve ?

do you mean how do you adjust the needle valve as i don't see why you would want to close it.

there is a knob at the end of the needle valve that is used for adjusting of the bubble count. also, the solenoid will shut off the CO2.

mattseattle said:
do you mean how do you adjust the needle valve as i don't see why you would want to close it.

there is a knob at the end of the needle valve that is used for adjusting of the bubble count. also, the solenoid will shut off the CO2.[/QUOTE

sorry , you said that you don't use the bubble counter ,(the bubble counter connect or screw to the needle valve)how you close this area with fitting ?

what size of co2 tank you use and how much time it's take to fill it again ?

thanks

michael

Last edited:
oh if you look at the photo of the JBJ regulator you can clearly see a barb type fitting inside the bubble counter. you just unscrew the plastic out part and expose the barb fitting. you just push your co2 hose onto this.

i have a 5 lb tank and i fill it about once a year.

mattseattle said:
oh if you look at the photo of the JBJ regulator you can clearly see a barb type fitting inside the bubble counter. you just unscrew the plastic out part and expose the barb fitting. you just push your co2 hose onto this.

i have a 5 lb tank and i fill it about once a year.

thank you for all the help.

i bought the geo 6/12 calc reactor , interest to know what calc rector you use i think that the size of the reactor can take more co2 but if you have same size it will be good to know because i tight with space under my tank and i want to add there after this project the kalk reactor.5lb for once a year it's preaty good and i have like you 120 gallon tank.

want to know to if you use with ph controller and what type , i check about the pinpoint but want to know maybe more feedback on other .

best regards

michael

I am using a Shuran Jetstream 1 as my calcium reactor. I love it with the exception of how you change out the media.

I use the Milwaukee pH controller. It works well...the only negative is it's a bright lime green.

Back