CO2 tank refilled

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mattseattle

Where can I get a CO2 tank refilled in the Seattle area?

I'm sure this has been covered on a thread before but you can not do a search for CO2 on this site.

Just about any welding supply store will recharge co2 tanks, as well as most brewing supply stores. You can look in the phone book for the ones closest to you.

ok, i was somewhat wrong on the whole quality of CO2. There are 2 grades - Commercial Grade and Food Grade. Looks like the differences are in the cylinders and how they are refilled. So doesn't look like a big deal overall.

Last edited:
Everyone say oh any place will fill it. When I was searching for a place to have my tank filled it took 7 calls to find a place that would fill mine. There were plenty that would do a swap, but refilling one was a little harder. The place that filled mine was Kentox in Kent.

that's a good point.... i heard there is a place in W. Seattle that will fill tanks. I just need to find out the name.

Sup matt,
any particular reason you want to refill rather than trade out? You get a filled tank either way and don't have to wait for it. I just purchased a tank from Praxair in bellevue. 5lb tank was just over $50 + $10-12 to fill it. I called all over and the refill was typically in that range. I guess if you had some weird size you might have a hard time swapping out, but otherwise....

mat

The nice thing about swapping is that the valve is always up to date and the tank is certified. Eventually if you just keep refilling you'll have to junk the bottle due to age.

Don

Not sure but they are dated. I was thinking like 2 years between certifications. The valve has to be tested also. I just got bit by this one, it was $55 for recert and fill or $50 for new full one.

Don

that is good information! i think i've just become not so attached to the bottle! :) guess i'll just trade it in.

Back