Coldwater / Temperate Reef Keeper here :D

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

AquaticEngineer

I registered here a while back but just never did an intro.

My name is Stu and I used to have quite few different tropical reef setups, I'm now fully enveloped in keeping coldwater and temperate marine tanks.

I usually spend most of my time on a few other sites but thought I'd say hi and stay awhile here too. :D

Here's some pics of my current stuff:
IMG_20110329_180140.jpg

IMG_20110331_135433.jpg

IMG_20110331_135522.jpg

IMG_20110331_135555.jpg

IMG_20110331_135611.jpg

IMG_20110329_180212.jpg

IMG_20110331_135656.jpg

IMG_20110331_135734.jpg

IMG_20110331_152117.jpg

IMG_20110331_135643.jpg

IMG_20110306_134854.jpg

This is really cool! Thanks for showing it! Love all the starfish!

I have 3 Bat Stars (one red, one orange, and one tan and purple) that I got from a scientific supply company in California, and 2 Ochre stars ( one orange, one purple) that I collected myself from the oregon coast.

Awesome tanks. Love the Pacific NW coldwater stuff. Been a Pacific NW scubadiver for about 11 years now. :D Thanks for sharing your awesome tanks.

Let me know next time you go diving, maybe you can grab me some stuff ;)

*lol* I would but I live up in Edmonds Washington. Most of my dives are in marine sanctuaries. Which means there's no removal of marine life in those areas. Of course there are a couple of dive sites where it could be possible. :D

I showed my sister this thread. She just graduated from OIMB down in Charleston and she wanted to know if you found the parasitic worm on those bat stars? But she wanted to say it might of been a different star so if shes wrong just say:) lol

I showed my sister this thread. She just graduated from OIMB down in Charleston and she wanted to know if you found the parasitic worm on those bat stars? But she wanted to say it might of been a different star so if shes wrong just say:) lol

Actually yes, there was one on one of the bat stars. I dont know if its still there, I haven't looked for it in a while.

Oh thats cool. She got really excited when I showed her this because these are the things that she got to see everyday at school.

wow! That's great. My wife and I were recently at Seaside admiring the MASSIVE starfish and large anemones in the tide pools there. Very cool stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Wow I was actually going to go and set one of these up...I have always loved the idea of being able to collect sealife from the water...:)

I saw the "tide pool" setup they have at the Pacific Science center in Seattle this week. VERY cool stuff. Would love to do something like that if I had the room/time.

Back