Compatable?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rwm555

I was getting ready to place an order with saltwaterfish.com and was wondering if everything would get along? Thoughts?

Sally lightfoot crab

blue hermit crabs

fire shrimp

cleaner shrimp

I already have one cleaner shrimp, a few hermit crabs, a few snails, emerald crab, a variety of corals (hard, soft, zoes) and a few fish in a 65 gallon tank.

Anyone had experience with saltwaterfish.com? Good or Bad?

Thanks

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. Most recommended to shop local to help support your local economy. If you have a local fish store you visit I would recommend you just ask them to order what ever you want and if you ask, there is a good chance you can get that tempting online price from your local store. I did and it couldn’t have worked out better.

As far as the compatibility I don’t have any first hand experience on the combinations your looking at, but I think it looks fine as long as the cleaner shrimp your looking at are the skunk cleaner shrimp (red strip yellowish body) if your talking about the coral banded cleaner shrimp then you can only put two in a tank if they are a mated pair.

I was getting ready to place an order with saltwaterfish.com and was wondering if everything would get along? Thoughts?

Sally lightfoot crab

blue hermit crabs

fire shrimp

cleaner shrimp

I already have one cleaner shrimp, a few hermit crabs, a few snails, emerald crab, a variety of corals (hard, soft, zoes) and a few fish in a 65 gallon tank.

Anyone had experience with saltwaterfish.com? Good or Bad?

Thanks

I'm not sure about the Sally Ligthfoot but I read that they can get agressive towards other inverts. I have the other 3 together just fine with no problems.

Hope this helps ..

Hello there,

I have 3 cleaner shrimp, 4 fire shrimp, a banded coral shrimp, a tiny 3/4 inch long striped pistol shrimp, a sally lightfoot crab, snails of a few sorts, a couple of cleaner conchs even.. 3 blue knuckled hermit crabs too.

All seems well with these guys... several moltings have occurred and no attacks on shrimp while vulnerable after molting.

They are in a 210 gallon tank, 6 foot long, by 2+ feet deep, lots of rocks to crawl and hide in..

The other day I was certain that the sally light food MUST have gotten a fish or two... because I hadn't seen them in so long...

Well I saw them last night, they been hiding/living on the back side of aquarium.. need aquarium on ROTATING stand from now on..he he..

Even the little bitty fish, are all ok so far, but then again, I try to keep the crab WELL FED too.:D: A well fed sally crab shouldn't bother the critters..

A hungry one... well.... I'd bet they try to grab em while they were asleep, for dinner.:evil:

Pravdaseeker

I had a sally light foot for a short while. The second day after it was in my tank I saw it running along the sand bed with a blue legged hermit in each claw.

Needless to say the sally light foot is no longer part of my display tank. I think they do well in the sump.

For an order of that size you will pay the same if you just get them from your LFS. Shipping is around $30. Most stores sell those items for $3-10 more than online for the skunk cleaner and the fire shrimp.

Yes i would definetly say no on the sally ! I had one that thought he was a logger and my zoos were his forest :mad: and he is also like 3in around . I have him in a tank by himself . I now call him a sally clubfoot because there is
nothing light about him now LOL

Back