Connection to CPR Overflow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reef Monkey

I just bought a CPR Overflow CS90 and I''m having problems finding the right part for a connection to the 1" bulkhead. I went to ACE hardware earlier today and I tried a 1.25" and a 1.5" threaded connection for the bulkhead but neither fit. It appears like the 1.25 wants to thread on but it is just a smidge too small, where the 1.5 is way to big. Does anybody have any thoughts on how I can go about connecting anything to this bulkhead? Ultimatly I want this line to meet up at a "T" and then have one end going into my refugium and the other onto a 3/4" barb into my skimmer area. Does anybody else have a CPR CS 90 overflow that they've been able to successfully connect to the bulkhead?

Won't it leak though? Do I need to use the PVC cement with this? If so I was hoping to not have to do cement directly to the bulkhead, but I will if that is the only option.

I'd cement it to be safe. If if ever comes down to having to change something, it's no biggie to just replace the bulkhead. Just a thought :)

Back