considering switching to an aggressive tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

xxkenny90xx

We've been considering this for a while now and I think were almost ready to go for it so I I'd like any input you guys can offer. Our tank is a 90 gallon mixed reef (with a possible upgrade in the future) with a regal tang, yellow tang, mandarin dragonet, starry blenny, 2 clowns, 3 emerald crabs, a coral banded and pistol shrimp, serpent star, brittle star, various anemones, and countless hermits and snails.
We'd love to have an angler, a lion, and an eel (snowflake, zebra, or chain link), do you have any other stocking suggestions? Does that list sound ok? We plan to get rid of all of our current fish, possibly keeping the big tangs. Do I need to move all the shrimp, crabs, stars, and snails to the fuge? also, Anybody feeding there eels little live crabs from the local beach?

Also, with this aggressive/territorial stocking list could I chose a sharp toothed eel or should I stick with the blunt toothed (fish safe) eels?

I have a large snowflake eel in my reef and it's an awesome eel. I feed it raw shrimp from safeway. It hasn't touched any fish ,hermits or snails. My cleaner shrimp gets on it and cleans it a lot. Ido think it ate my emeralds though.

Bump, I'm still on the fence about the angler, do you think a full grown 4" wartskin would be ok with a full grown yellow tang and be safe from a black volitan lion? Thanks

Back